The Atlas Air has received a complete redesign. It is impossibly light, flexible, and showcases a sleek, simplistic and sophisticated new design that is the perfect combination of fashion and function. New features include an insanely low weight of 599g (1.3lbs), redesigned body hugging frame shape to reduce brace movement and improve fit/range of motion, simplified Easy Open release system, stronger and stiffer long travel front suspension, back supports that appear smaller but increase surface area, all new reversible Smart Mounts with multi-angle adjustment, lighter and tougher padding material in vibrant new colors, and a redesigned innovative tether that eliminates the need for multiple tools.
The overall height of the Atlas Air Neck Brace has been reduced, yet the amount of surface area in contact with the body has been increased, in order to maximize the distribution of impact forces. In fact, each Atlas Brace sits on 27% more of the body than the competition. A smaller and lighter product feels like you are wearing less, greatly enhancing the user experience of a neck brace. The most amazing thing about wearing it is that you forget you’re even wearing it.
- Split-Flex Frame – Vertical flex is the Holy Grail of mobility and comfort. The split frame helps mimic natural body movements to create the best experience possible.
- Easy Open – All new Easy Open system allows for quick, repeatable entry and exit with a simple push of a button, in any weather condition.
- Smart Mounts – One mount, 6 positions. Reversible to adjust size, and choose from a -10″, 0″, or +10″ back support angle in either position.
- Chest Suspension – All new long travel front suspension features 30mm of travel (a 300% increase), and is slightly stiffer to help dampen a wider range of impact forces.
- Height Adjustment – Choose from 2 possible height adjustments to create the best fit for your body type and helmet choice.
- Spine Free – All new back supports increase contact with the body by 8% over the previous model, and avoid your spine by sitting on the surrounding muscles.
- Sternum Free – All new chest support design is stronger, lighter, more compatible with chest protectors, and still sits around your sternum.
- Hybrid Strap – Combining the comfort of a chest strap, with the function and versatility of elastic X-straps. The best of both worlds.
- Feather Weight – New weight is 20% lower than the previous model. The most amazing thing about wearing it is that you forget you’re wearing it.
- Surface Area – By sitting on 27% more of the body than other neck braces, comfort is maximized, and forces are distributed more efficiently over the body.
- Sizing Recommendations: (Sizing is based on chest circumference – distance around the chest, measured high on the chest, just under the arms).
Small………….. 33″ – 36″ Chest
Medium…………. 37″ – 41″ Chest
Large………….. 42″ + Chest
– Manufacturer recommended Roost Deflector fitments: Atlas Defender Roost Deflector, Atlas Defender Lite Roost Deflector.
– Rider tested Roost Deflector fitments: Leatt 5.5 Pro HD Roost Deflector, Fox Proframe LC Roost Deflector, Thor Sentinel Roost Deflector.